Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Things
Ok! So I keep reading these things on facebook, but since I don't actually need or want people to know my business I'm posting it all here, in a place that three people will see.

So here it is. A great ways to spend time at the office!

25

1. I was born on June 29th 1986. My Mother's 30th birthday.

2. My love (or addiction, or whatever) of Coca Cola stems from a childhood hobby of collecting Coca Cola memorabilia.

3. As a child I referred to myself as "Kathryn A Little Bit Jaynes". My actual name is Kathryn Elisabeth Jaynes.

4. I find it funny how wistful people are in these things, like " I fear that I will never be loved and die childless, having lived a life of emptiness". Is this the Oprah book club?!

5. I was Valedictorian of my grade 8 graduation.

6. My first crush proclaimed to the class "When I grow up I'm going to marry Kathryn Jaynes! Or Melissa Hamilton." Needless to say, he was the coolest kid in the class and was 9 years old when he started smoking.

7. My favorite high school teacher was Mr. Doyle who taught art. We would often get him to repeat the days of the week:

Us: "What was that Mr. Doyle?"

Mr. Doyle: "I said it is due Tuesdee!"

8. In grade 12, me and a my friend Maria stole our friends fedora and posted a ransom note in her locker. The note was made up of magazine letters and made a huge list of demands like: 55 red m&M's, 3 hairs at 12:46 and it had a Polaroid of someone about to pour fabric paint onto the fedora or 'pimp hat'. About 5 seconds after opening her locker my friend exclaimed "MARIA I SEE YOUR SHOE IN THE PICTURE!"

9. After years of refusing to like pop music, I fell in love with Justin Timberlake because of a dream I had about him. I was in grade 7.

10. As a kid I tried to start a play (script written by Eugenie and I). A book (written by Eugenie and I) and a newsletter (written by Eugenie, Sindhu and I). All were valiant efforts.

11. I placed first in standing long jump for several years amongst other scarborough schools, although I was also disqualified from relay for running into another persons lane.

12. My favorite piece of art is Jack Pine by Tom Thomson.

13. I have a certain weakness for Demi Lovato's "Get Back". It's amazing.

14. I looooove wrapping presents. It brings me absurd happiness.

15. I often find myself eating a burrito or swiss chalet on a weekly basis.

16. I LOVE Juniors mints and sunflower seeds. I am a firm believer in having a salty and a sweet snack (but never in combined form like a chocolate covered pretzel)

17. I have American citizenship.

18. My friend Krista lost my drivers license at a club and it resurfaced years later at a McDonald's in Pickering.

19. I will own a wiener dog one day.

20. I was in the Caribbean dance club. This was in grade 8, so I even did it sober!

21. I fell asleep watching 'Batman' and 'Transformers'.

22. I make good cookies.

23. I sleep walk. A couple of months ago I got up, opened the door for the delivery guy (who hadn't even rung the doorbell) went upstairs to inform my friends someone was there, then went back to my bed. All asleep.

24. I occasionally have something called 'sleep paralysis" which is when you wake up but you're body is not fully conscious, so you cannot move. Since you are still kind of dreaming it all feels incredibly scary.

25. I need to do laundry.

1 comment:

  1. You make delicious cookies...my co-workers still talk about them w/ high praise...and they were like 2 day old when I brought them in.

    mmm...

    I laughed out loud at the carribean dance club...I KNEW you had it in you.

    ReplyDelete